Here, at Thornwood, we are specialists in Alzheimer’s and dementia. We understand the needs of service users with these problems. Dementia can occur at any age and although the onset is usually after the age of 65, the young can sometimes be affected; however the main cause is the ageing process. There may be any of the following symptoms.
- Forgetting what has happened recently, where short term memory loss occurs, but being able to remember events that happened a long time ago
- Becoming disorientated and not knowing what year it is or what the time of day is
- Difficulty in finding the correct words to describe a situation
- Eventually, long term memory loss
- help at mealtimes
- help with daily routines and living
Thornwood is a modern purpose built property which has the facilities to cater for those who require just day care. We are planning shortly to extend our resources and would welcome any enquiries or bookings for Thornwood Day Care Services.